We Need You!
We at Socialtrack are seeking enthusiastic volunteer coaches to work on our Easter and summer holiday programmes.
About the role
As a volunteer coach, you will be a vital part of our volunteer team, looking after students attending the Wishawhill Wood Pump Track. You will work with our students in morning or afternoon sessions, and there may also be evening session work. Our Volunteer coaches must be incredibly enthusiastic, energetic and motivated, because they have an essential role in making the student experience rewarding, interesting and, above all, FUN.
Our volunteer coaches role is for people who like action, activity, and who get on brilliantly with others, particularly children. You will work closely with groups of under 20 students alongside Group Leaders and other volunteer coaches. You will be part of an on-site team, run by a Course Director, working together to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of the course. You will also act as a coach for up to 4 students on the course.
Through active listening, a coach works to help empower students to achieve goals. As a coach, you will talk to your students and make sure that you help them move forward and that all times you keep communication open with them.
You will receive training in Socialtrack’s policies, child safeguarding, basic First Aid and coaching. There may be options for further training in related fields.
• Support the delivery of our successful courses
• Safeguarding student welfare striving to ensure students are happy, healthy and thoroughly enjoying the course
• Providing positive, friendly and helpful support to all staff, volunteers, and students
• Generate great marketing material in co-ordination with the Group Leaders to generate content for our website, social media, blog and newsletter
• Coach 2-4 students on the course, helping them set and achieve their goals
• Pay: £nil the role is voluntary
• Location: We are looking for volunteer coaches to deliver primarily at the Wishawhill Wood Pump Track
• Problem-solving and a hands-on attitude to getting things done
• Passion for cycling and action sports
• Good listening skills
• Fast learner with attention to detail
• Enthusiastic, energetic, motivated and imaginative
• Excellent team-work skills and a team player
• Be over the age of 18
Please send an email with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
We are a small organisation and may not be able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.
Socialtrack is a small social enterprise that uses action sports as a way into active solutions. We teach in schools, community centres, and at purpose built locations. We believe that all sports should be fun and used as a way to build communities together.